Tuesday 22 November 2011

Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara Review.



What they say: “Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's as BAD as you want to be!”

Formula & Brush: This is a volumising mascara so the formula is quite dry and thick. I find it takes ages to build up any volume but after 3 coats it does give quite thick lashes. The brush is stupidly big; too big if you ask me and I don’t find it makes it very easy to get to the roots of the lashes without poking yourself in the eye.

Colour & Lasting Power: This review is on the black variation. I also have this in blue and I find it pointless but that’s another story! I have to say the colour is fabulous, a definite carbon black which is great. I also experienced no smudging or flaking and it lasts a whole day.

Packaging: As with all Benefit products, the packaging is divine. I love it. Very good quality and eye-catching.

Price & Availability: This is £16.50 for 8.5g of product. This does dry out quite quickly although not nearly as bad as YSL Faux Cils! That one’s a shocker. Personally I find this over-priced and over-hyped.

2.5/5. It isn’t a bad mascara, it just doesn’t blow me away. A cheaper dupe would be the Boots 17 Va Va Voom Volume mascara which is only £6.29, it’s virtually the same.

2 comments: