Friday 18 November 2011

Sleek Luminous Pressed Powder Review.




What they say: “An illuminating pressed powder infused with mica to help reflect light creating luminous skin that looks fresh and bright. It provides a translucent finish to help minimize skin imperfections and contains SPF15 maximizing sun protection for ageless, timeless skin that simply glows.”

Texture: I love this pressed powder because it doesn’t dry my skin out or look flat. The mica particles are very fine so the skin looks luminous instead of covered in glitter. I also like the fact that this contains an SPF although I’m not too sure how effective it really is considering I only use a light dusting. This powder is great for normal/oily to normal/dry skin and will last all day. Very oily skins will need something a bit more matte.

Colour: This comes in four shades all with yellow undertones which is great for counteracting redness in the skin.  In the pan it does look very shimmery & very yellow/beige but don’t be put off by that!

Packaging: As usual it comes in the very good quality Sleek packaging; a black plastic square with a mirror in the lid. Simple.

Price & Availability: This is available online and at all the good Superdrug stores retailing at an inoffensive £6.49. You get 10.5g of product for your money and it lasts ages! I have had mine over a year and I have only used half.

A definite 5/5. :)

3 comments:

  1. thanks for the follow! following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using a Sheer loose powder from Collection 2000. It seems to be working very well but I can't carry it around with me because it's kinda messy. This looks like a better alternative especially since you say it's great for counteracting redness. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes use a loose powder from Rimmel which I love but as you say it is just SO messy when travelling. This is the best pressed powder I have found that isn't way too matte for me. Let me know what you think if you do get it!

    ReplyDelete